Steven Mitchell is the Children's and Youth Development Officer for URC Mersey. His role is to support, develop and celebrate the children’s and youth work of the Synod.
Steven explained, 'I've been involved in youth and children's work in a variety of contexts, both paid and unpaid, for almost two decades and it's great to be part of a church denomination that champions children and young people.'
Whether you have or don't have children or young people in your church, Steven would love to come and visit you and find out how we can develop things further.
How Steven can help your church
- Lead all ages services
- Speak at elders meeting about the trends and issues around children's and youth work
- Help plan and lead holiday clubs or other local events
- Run filmmaking workshops with children and young people
- Give talks or run activities at children's or youth groups
- Plan and lead bespoke training around working with children and young people (working with under 5s, working with teenagers, new children's and youth work resources, general volunteer training etc)
- Organise and lead young leaders training
Get in touch
If you would like Steven to come and help with any of the above or anything that's not on the list, or would like to speak to someone about anything children's or youth work related, please get in touch.
Steven Mitchell, Children's and Youth Development Officer, email
firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 07387 580834.