In January 2020, Good Practice 5: Policy and Good Practice Guidance in Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk, was published.
This publication is a major update of Good Practice – Safeguarding Children and Young People in the Church 4th edition, reflecting substantial developments in safeguarding over the past few years.
- changes in legislation and good practice guidelines
- continuing awareness of the need to protect adults at
risk and vulnerable children
- developments in specific types of abuse (for example domestic abuse and female genital
mutilation) and effective responses to them
- improving practice in safer recruitment
- changes to legislation and
procedures relating to data protection
- responding to online communication
For guidance on how to apply this policy and guidance document in your local church’s context see:
Appendix A: Model church safeguarding policy (offers an
example safeguarding policy for local churches)
Appendix A1: Safeguarding Policy Statement